Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy "Square Dance Day"!


I'm not going to write about square dancing even though it's that day; I just couldn't think of a good title. Anyway, I just thought I'd wish everyone a happy almost December. I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and from what I have read, it sounds like most of you have. I travelled to Washington for the holiday. It was fabulous to be among family and trees again. I forget how brown Utah really is. I enjoyed the moisture in the air too. We had dinner at my sister Sarah's house. It was fun to watch her play hostess and she did a marvelous job. We also got up and went shopping at 3am. We actually left at 2:30 so that we could be in line at 3:00. My dad and I were in charge of the ToysRus run. We weren't very successful. The main object we were going for, the store only had four. Then I couldn't find another thing, and by the time I did, they were all gone. It was very stressful. The rest of the day, Dad and I took care of the waiting in line for everyone else and running bags out to the car. I don't get paid until the 1st, so I didn't do any shopping for the people I have to buy for. The day was fun though. The picture is of sisters (Sarah and Lindsey), niece (Sierra), and I shopping. The picture was taken at about 10am, so we had been at it for about 7 hours. It was quite a day!

Later that day we went to Sarah's ultrasound to find out her baby's gender. It's a GIRL!!! I'm so excited. I know that people were hoping for a boy, but I was secretly wanting a girl. We went baby clothes shopping that afternoon. It was fun to pick out clothes, and Big Sister Sierra became giddy as she picked out outfits. She informed her mom and dad that she would be spoiling her sister.


This other picture is a picture of my sisters, brother-in-law Brian, and I wearing our Letter-man's jackets. Really, we aren't all stuck in high school, but there is a strong cross-town rival between Puyallup High School (Brian's school), and Rogers High School (mine and all of my siblings school). Since 1983, Rogers has only beat Puyallup in the annual football game 4 times. One of those 4 times was this year. My sister Lindsey and I celebrated by showing up on Sarah and Brian's doorstep in our Letter-man's jackets singing the Roger's fight song. We had to get our picture taken while we had them out. Who knows how many more years it will be till we get to celebrate beating Puyallup again.

Well, that is the best update that I can give. I hope that you are all well and happy! And if you are in the mood, enjoy some good ol' Square Dancing!

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Hurray! That's the first belly picture of Sarah I've seen. Good job blogging Steph. I'm glad you had fun in Washington. Good luck Christmas shopping.

TerriLyn said...

Cooleh! That is neat that you all have letterman's jackets. You are so popular popluar. I've only braved the black friday madness once with Davids fam. It was exciting and stressful I agree! I'm glad you had fun in Washington!