Today is National "Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies" Day. It is a pretty fabulous day for those of you who don't want to cook. You can celebrate buy ordering pizza. "The Works" means that you splurg and get more than 1-topping. I would go as far as saying that you probably need to order at least 3-toppings in order for it to qualify. Personally, I don't want to order pizza tonight because in the past week and a half I've had way too much pizza, and that just doesn't sound good any more. So instead of celebrating that, I think I will take a moment to celebrate Veteran's Day, since I missed posting about it yesterday, and today people are observing it anyway. I think that Veterans are not appreciated like they should be. I have such a love for the men and women who willingly put their lives on the line in defense of liberty and freedom. The scriptures say that "greater love hath no man than this, that he lays down his life for his friend." The scripture is referring to the Savior, but that is what soldiers are doing everyday. They show Christlike love every day as they sacrifice for their country. I am so grateful for the service they have rendered, and continue to give each day. So thank you to Veterans and military people out there. You are doing a great work, and I love you for it.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Happy "National Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies Day"!
Today is National "Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies" Day. It is a pretty fabulous day for those of you who don't want to cook. You can celebrate buy ordering pizza. "The Works" means that you splurg and get more than 1-topping. I would go as far as saying that you probably need to order at least 3-toppings in order for it to qualify. Personally, I don't want to order pizza tonight because in the past week and a half I've had way too much pizza, and that just doesn't sound good any more. So instead of celebrating that, I think I will take a moment to celebrate Veteran's Day, since I missed posting about it yesterday, and today people are observing it anyway. I think that Veterans are not appreciated like they should be. I have such a love for the men and women who willingly put their lives on the line in defense of liberty and freedom. The scriptures say that "greater love hath no man than this, that he lays down his life for his friend." The scripture is referring to the Savior, but that is what soldiers are doing everyday. They show Christlike love every day as they sacrifice for their country. I am so grateful for the service they have rendered, and continue to give each day. So thank you to Veterans and military people out there. You are doing a great work, and I love you for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks! I love Veteran's day. I have a WHOLE new appreciation for it. Maybe I can get Trav to order pizza in celebration of both holidays.
Yes, great post Step. I too am so grateful for the men and women who serve our country!
Post a Comment