Friday, December 21, 2007

Cookie Baking Day

I don't know if this is the national Cooking Baking day or not, but I decided to bake cookies today. It sure was a process. This is the first time that I have done it on my own. Mom is still recovery so she slept during most of the time that I was baking, and although Lindsey is back from school, she wasn't feeling very well today either. I couldn't have our family go without cookies at Christmas so I decided to just make them myself. I made the usual sugar cookies and also spritz cookies. I also made Chocolate Candy Cane cookies, which turned out fabulous if I might say so myself. Then I made Peanut Butter with a Hersey Kiss in the center of the cookie. The last time I made Peanut Butter cookies, I was a lot younger. I misread the directions and used 5 Cups of milk instead of 5 Tablespoons of milk. Needless to say the cookies were ruined, and we got to eat peanut butter cake. Although this happened when I was about 12, the memory still haunts me, especially as I attempted the infamous cookies today. Don't any of you worry your little heads, the cookies turned out this time, although I still had to add extra flower to the recipe in order for it to be the right consistency. This might be my last post before Christmas, so I wanted to take the opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! May you find joy as you spend the day with family and friends!

No comments: