I emailed the following letter to everyone in my family, but just in case they don't read it in their emails, I thought I would post it here too. Anyone can read it, but just to clarify, I wrote it to my brothers and sisters
Dearest Family,
I am taking it upon myself to inform you all of some very important business.
First, I have no idea whose name I drew for Christmas, so I would appreciate someone emailing me to tell me. Thank you.
Second, as you are probably aware, I'm in the process of beginning to put together calendar pictures. If you have certain pictures that are perfect for the calendar, please email them to me or post them on blogs, facebook, etc. I will be looking through you blogs and such for pictures, so warn me if there are any there that you don't want used. Also, I'm just going to put this out there... Because of the difficulty of getting pictures of some people, please don't be offended if you are not found on a page on the calendar! I will do my best, but it seems like some people just find themselves behind the camera more than in front of it. Again, if you are not pictured on one page, please do not think that it is because I don't love you, because I DO!
Third, I love Disneyland. You all know that. I got to go to Disneyland this October with my friends, and it was so fun to see the park all decorated for the Halloween holiday. I didn't know that Disneyland could be so fun for the holidays. I probably shouldn't have gone in October, because now I have the desire to see Disneyland during every holiday! I was seriously considering just getting on a plane and spending a few days down there myself for Christmas, when my friends invited me to go with them. Now, I have a Season Pass, so all it would cost is airplane, hotel, food, and transportation once there. It really is a good deal for the trip. I was excited to go, especially because they have snow that falls on Main Street. How magical is that?!? I told my friends that I couldn't go with them this time.
This brings me to my final point of business. I WANT EVERYONE HERE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! I know that everyone is struggling, and that people do want to come if it can work out, but I would like to help this happen. I figure that I would have spent about $500 going to Disneyland. To show you how much I love you, I turned down the trip to Disneyland because I would rather spend my Christmas with you guys than with Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I want a magical Christmas whether it is in Disneyland or home with the family, and I'm willing to pay at least $500 to have that happen. What I am saying is that I want to help you guys come for Christmas. I HATE the thought of having another year here by ourselves. Christmas in Utah is so fun! It snows, Santa comes, Stephie is here, it snows... I know $500 is not a lot of money, but if it makes my Christmas magical by getting you here, than it would be the best $500 I ever spent. This is literally all I want for Christmas this year. I already told Mom and Dad that I don't want presents, and that they can use the money they would have spent on me to help get you here.
Will this work? I don't want you saying you won't take my money. I don't look at this as charity or a hand out. I want you here for purely selfish reasons. This is giving myself Christmas. I know that we could wait another year or two, but these kids are growing up! This will be our 4th Christmas in Utah. Can we please spend it together?
Have I used enough guilt tripping now? Please let me know what you think. I am really serious about the $500 and no presents thing. Call me, email me, have a meeting with me in person... :) What can I do to help bring us together this year?
I don't know what else to say. I love you guys so much! I hope to see you soon!!!
Love,
Stephanie
2 comments:
Oh Steph, your letter almost made me cry. You are so amazing! I hope and pray it works out for your darling family. Love ya!
(Oh, and just to ease part of your worry, I'll be there for Christmas, so count me in. Ha! :-))
I hate to get my hopes up, but we're rearranging the house with the idea that everyone is coming!!!
Post a Comment