I haven't posted since the last few days of school, so I thought it is about time for a quick update. I have been loving my summer! I think that payday for teachers are the summer. The last day of school, I had to hurry to finish packing up my classroom, and then I caught a plane for Washington. I spent 2 1/2 wonderful weeks in Washington splitting my time between Sarah and Justin's families. I didn't care where I was, I just loved spending the time with my family. While there, I got to go with Sarah and Sierra to Forks, Washington. For those of you who know nothing of current pop literature, it is where the Twilight books take place. It was fun to go through the town, and then read Twilight again. You can tell that the author spent time there because she describes the town very accurately. When I think about all of the things that Rochelle, LaMar, and Sophie said and did while I was there, I still laugh about it. Also in Washington I had my first pedicure. Oh man! Those are wonderful, I am completely a fan. I've already had another one, and can't wait to schedule my next one!
After returning to Utah, I spent a week as a volunteer councilor at EFY (Especially for Youth). As a volunteer councilor, the go home each night. I have come to love EFY, and saw many marvelous things happen the week I was there. My testimony of the spirit grew so much. I was amazed by the youth and the testimonies they bore to me, and the lessons that they taught me. This is the last year they are doing volunteer councilors, so I have to decide if I want to apply to be a councilor next summer. I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I love EFY, but I come back from one week physically, emotionally, and spiritually drained. I can't imagine doing more than one week at a time.
After EFY I had a lot of down time which has been nice. I've enjoyed many days floating in the pool outside, and trying to burn a tan out of my pale skin. I think I am finally succeeding, though I don't know that I will ever get to be as dark as my mom. Other exciting events that are coming up... I'm having a roommate reunion with the roommates I had my first semester at BYU-Idaho. I am so excited to see all of them. Also I am going with Lindsey to take Sierra, my oldest niece, to Disneyland! I'm so excited. I love Disneyland! Sierra hasn't ever been so it will be a real treat. I'm just glad her parents are letting us take her without having them tag along. Once I get back from Disneyland, I will be heading back to Washington for my cousins wedding, and then I have to return to start school. I love the summer, and hope everyone is having a fabulous time of it!!!
PS As soon as I get my camera down by my desk, I will upload some pictures of my adventures.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're doing so well. I sure miss you! But your summer sounds fantastic. Keep it up. Love you lots and lots!
It's been a lot of fun spending time with you and your family this summer. Your kids are just the cutest things. Have fun in Washington and see you next week.
p.s. Happy birthday again and thanks for making my birthday a fun day.
Post a Comment