There is a new Jr. High school that is opening up near my house. Because of it's opening, Syracuse Jr. High is losing a good number of students, therefore a good number of teachers are being displaced. Since I have only been at the district for one year, I was on the top of the list of teachers to get the boot. The district told me that they would try to place me, but with budget cuts, and all sorts of other stuff going on, I began to get worried that I wouldn't have a job for next year. I had interviewed at a couple of places, without catching a break and getting a job offer. I was starting to get very discouraged.

Finally I caught a break. Yesterday I interviewed for a position teaching just Geography at Central Davis Jr. High in Layton. The school is about 10-15 minutes away from my house. After the interview I was resigned to the fact that I probably would not get the job, and today the principal called me. They were impressed with my interview and wanted to offer me a job before anyone else could.
I'm not saying this to brag, because I am the first to admit that I am a long way away from being a really good teacher, but I'm grateful that the Lord is watching out for me. It is a tender mercy that I got a job when others are still looking or getting laid off. I'm grateful to have been given the chance to teach at Syracuse Jr. High so that I was able to learn the way Jr. High works. I'm grateful to be teaching Geography again next year so that I can just improve what I have done this year and not have to start over from scratch with a new curriculum. I feel extremely blessed to be given this job. Now I will be able to enjoy the rest of the school year and my summer without the "unknown" hanging over my head.
So I'm going from a Seahawk to a Cub. I love bears! I'll have to bring my teddy bear collection in to decorate my room. The only downside to this is that I will still be in Jr. High, and the school colors are purple. I'll just have to get used to that I guess. I bleed blue, but I can appreciate purple too. :)
4 comments:
Congratulations! Since your a geography teacher I think you should set your bears up on a map of where they are from. You can have a Cali bear in California, a Washington, New York and Texas bear in their states and I'm sure you got one in England-- and well you may have to start traveling the world to fill in the rest.
Steph! Congratulations. I'm so glad things are working out for you. And Central is a great school - it's our Junior High, so I'm a bit partial to it. You'll love it! Way to go! And I think you should brag. You are amazing my dear! :-)
Yeah! Hope the kids treat you well. Hope you had a good time last Friday and it wasn't too awkward with a "married couple".
Stephanie. Just pay your tithing and have faith. As you know it ALWAYS works.
Post a Comment