I'm sorry that I am blogging about another political thing, but I hardly know anyone who enjoys hearing me rant about politics, so this is a great way to get my frustrations out. Mostly I'm frustrated with the media. I understand the need to report facts. So, newspapers and t.v. should report that McCain has won the Florida Primaries. End of story. There is nothing more to report. Except why do they make it sound like it was a landslide victory; because it was a winner-take-all situation? McCain got 36% of the vote and Romeny got 31%. It was only a difference of 95,000 votes, and knowing Florida, we could probably recount the votes and find that Ron Paul was the actual winner...
Okay, but even if McCain really did beat Romney in the Florida Priamary, a week ago everyone was talking about how we won't be able to determine who the nomination will go to until the convention later in the year. Suddenly though, McCain is being called a shoe-in for the nomination, and Romney, it is being reported, doesn't have a chance. The LA Times even ENDORSED McCain! Why should a newspaper endorse any candidate over another? Whatever happened to unbiased and impartial news? I mean, I always believed that the media can be biased, but I have never come across such a blatant example of them being so biased!
I'm also tired of all the reports of who is supporting who. Mostly you hear about Obama being endorsed by Oprah, and now the big news is everyone jumping on the McCain bandwagon. We have the Governor of Utah, the Governor of California, and good ol' Rudy, who is now out of the race, is throwing his support behind McCain too. What is really happening is that these people are looking for appointments IF McCain gets into the Whitehouse.
Here's what it really boils down too. If the media focuses on one candidate, then that candidate is getting free publicity and will do better in the polls. Also, with people reporting that McCain has already sealed the nomination, supporters of Romney will not get out and vote in their State's primaries. So, please, please, please, vote in your state's primary for whatever candidate that you support. Don't let biased newspapers and power-hungry endorsers decide who ends up on the ballot in November. I know that my blog isn't read by very many people, but spread the word, and encourage everyone you know to get out and vote. This is a government of the people, not a government of the media. Let's keep it that way!
3 comments:
David and I are sooo into this type of political talk Steph. You said it just right. (I should call you and we could talk politics) I'm fed up with the media too!! Do you mind if I copy your post and post it on my blog? I like it a lot!
I was thinking the same thing this week! It's soo frustrating how the media is just giving up on Romney already! Grrr! I'll admit, I've never voted in a Primary election before (ok, the one I was old enough for) but there's no way I'm gonna let this one slip by!
Now you're getting a picture of why people were protesting in the 1970's. The big media moguls were raking in a lot of money on the war in Viet Nam. Political insiders were working the system. It was only when people rose up and starting protesting did the political winds change. 50,000+ dead american service men and women were a high price to pay for a higher net profit. If we are so anxious to depose a political leader like Saddam Hussein because of the atrocities he caused why aren't we doing more in Africa. Oh, yeah. No oil. Sorry Africans. No help from America for you. Too bad you don't have a product that impacts our economy. So who is up to go to the state capital en masse and sit in the halls to protest-willing to get carted off to jail for their beliefs?
Post a Comment