Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy "Thank the Mailman" Day!


Today is thank the mailman day. In Utah I think it is a great day to do this. We are getting so much snow. It snowed last night, and it hasn't stopped snowing yet. I'm grateful for the mailman who come out in the weather, and have to manuever around the piles of snow from plows and shovels to deliver the mail. So thank you to all the wonderful mail men and women out there who make sure we get our mail by 5:00pm no matter what the weather.

To report on my weekend, I had a girl's night on Friday. My friends and I watched Persuassion. PBS is showing a different Jane Austin movie every Sunday night at 8pm. They are redoing all of the films except Pride and Prejudice. My friend recorded Persuassion and so we watched it. It was fabulous. It was so much better then the older version. Let's just say, Captain Wentworth... wow, it was a good movie. They are going to be releasing the movies on DVD, and I'll definitely be getting that one.

On Saturday some friends and I went dancing. We went to a place in Salt Lake that does ballroom dancing. It was so much fun. I haven't gone dancing like that in so long. The place we went has two buildings. One building has a live band, and mostly it is older people who dance in there. The other building has a DJ and they play ballroom music too, but they play more Latin music then the older building. It was awesome. To coin a phrase from My Fair Lady, "I could have danced all night..." If any of you come to Utah, we'll have to go dancing.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'll go dancing with you if you can talk my husband into going. :)

Brandon said...

Now is Captain Wentworth better than Mr. Darcy? How about we watch it next time the boys do one of there computer game nights-- and this time the boys get to watch the kids!

Jessica said...

That's funny, I just talked to the mailman today for the very first time here - and I remembered to say Thank You!
I think Brandon has an excellent idea, and if we're in the mood for a marathon we could watch both Mr. Darcy and Captain Wentworth! ;)

TerriLyn said...

You are groovin' Stepha. That's awesome you went to that cool dance place. Rock on. This past week I watched the new Pride and Prejudice like 4 times. I just really like it. I should try some of the others too!